Prior to the course watch the PADI Open Water Diver video either online before you arrive in Phuket OR in the comfort of your own hotel. Complete some quizzes at the end of each chapter of the PADI Open Water Diver manual in preparation for the first day of your course.
- At the pool-side restaurant start by discussing with your own private instructor what you saw in the diving video and read in the PADI Open Water manual.
- Next, time to get in the water. Practice diving skills you would have learnt on your previous course, plus some additional skills, in a custom-designed diving pool. Swim around underwater in the pool to help you become familiar with your dive equipment/underwater environment in a safe and relaxed way.
- Time to get into the sea. Enjoy the first of two full day trip to the beautiful reefs of Phuket on a modern, comfortable boat and discover the local marine life.
- Over two or three dives, depending on the package chosen, practice some of the skills learnt on the previous day.
- With your own instructor right by your side at all times to ensure your personal safety you will also have plenty of time to explore the exciting and fascinating underwater world.
- Enjoy a second day trip with more wonderful dives.
- On your final dives keep practicing your dive skills whilst continuing to admire the wonder and diversity of the reef life.
Dive Site Options
Choose from three options for your dive experience:
- Racha Yai Island - Generally clear water, wonderful marine life with dives in sheltered bays make this an ideal starting place especially for those who are a little nervous. Read more
- Racha Noi and Yai Islands - A great mix of landscapes and marine life in quieter dive spots. Occasionally larger wildlife is spotted here including turtles and large rays. Read more
- Phi Phi Islands - Beautiful scenery both above and below the water with very colourful reefs and a chance of a turtle or a shark. It can sometimes be more challenging to dive here though as the sites are more open to both waves and underwater currents. Read more
Silver Package Price (4 dives in total)
Dives are at Racha Yai Island - 2 dives each day.
- Standard price: 16,900 Baht per student
- 1 student: 10% online discount = 15,210 baht per student
- 2 students: 15% online discount = 14,365 baht per student
- 3 or more students: 20% online discount = 13,520 baht per student
Gold Package Price (5 dives in total)
One day of diving at Racha Yai island (2 dives) plus one day at Racha Noi/Yai islands (3 dives).
- Standard price: 17,700 baht per student
- 1 student: 10% online discount = 15,930 baht per student
- 2 students: 15% online discount= 15,045 baht per student
- 3 or more students: 20% online discount = 14,160 baht per student
Platinum Package Price (6 dives in total)
One day of diving at Racha Noi/Yai islands (3 dives) plus one day at Phi Phi islands (3 dives).
- Standard price: 18,500 baht per student
- 1 student: 10% online discount = 16,650 baht per student
- 2 students: 15% online discount = 15,725 baht per student
- 3 or more students: 20% online discount = 14,800 baht per student
Phi Phi National Park Fees
- As from 1st April 2016 the Thai government has introduced a National Park Fee for all visitors to Phi Phi islands of 600 baht per diver per day and 400 baht per non-diver per day.
- This is in addition to any course/trip price and will be payable in cash (Thai Baht) direct to the boat tour leader on the day of the Phi Phi trip.
What's Included (no hidden extras)
- Private instruction. Read More.
- PADI Open Water manual (one per student).
- PADI certification costs.
- Two full day boat trips including complimentary breakfast, lunch, tea, coffee, water, snacks.
- Complimentary transfers to/from hotel from the following towns: Chalong, Kamala, Kata, Karon, Patong, Rawai*.
- Scuba diving equipment use – Owned and maintained by Sharkey Scuba.
- Diving Log book - electronic or paper (one per student)
- Free Dive Accident Insurance – Up to one million baht per student.
*Transfers are also available from other areas around Phuket for a small surcharge. Prices available on request.
Itinerary (all times are approximate)
- Hotel pick ups: 07:00 to 8:00 a.m. depending on place of stay.
- Journey times to/from islands: Racha Yai – 1 ½ hours, Racha Noi – 2 hours, Phi Phi – 2 ½ hours.
- Return times to Chalong pier are as follows: Racha Yai (2 dives) – 15:30, Racha Noi (3 dives) – 17:30, Phi Phi (3 dives) – 18:30.
Please note that for this course there are two required swim tests to be completed on the first day:
- A 10 minutes float/tread water swim test
- A choice of either a 200 metre swim OR 300 metres swim with mask, snorkel and fins.
Unfortunately if you are unable to complete the swim tests successfully then we will be unable to issue your certification. However, with a bit of practice it is quite a simple test to pass. If you would like some tips on how to complete this swim test then just ask.
Although rare, it is possible that sometimes students discover on the first day that diving is not to their taste. If you decide during the first day of the course that you do not wish to continue with the course then you do not have to pay the full course price. For each student who does not wish to continue we will only charge a set price of 6,000 baht less any deposit they have paid to cover the first day as long as we are informed before 5 p.m. on that day.
- Large, modern and spacious dive boats (over 20 metres long).
- General facilities include: lounge areas, dining areas, toilets and fresh water showers.
- Safety equipment includes: life jackets, medical first aid kits and emergency oxygen equipment.
- All meals are freshly cooked on board - mix of Western and Thai buffet.
- Special meals e.g. vegetarian are available on request - please ask when booking.
For bookings or more info please fill in our Information Request Form.